Microsoft Access for Auditors, finding Fraud / Waste / Abuse
Learn how easy it can be to use Microsoft Access. Take the mystery out of databases and see how Access offers capabilities beyond Excel and other expensive off the shelf software. Learn Access in an audit context, with audit cases and audit programs. Understand how to find a needle in a haystack. Even take a look at creating a Management Dashboard in Access to provide the foundation for Continuous Auditing.
Auditors often don’t use Access because they think:
- It can’t hold enough records. Wrong.
- It is too syntax bound. Wrong … it’s very forgiving
- It’s difficult to download various formats of data. Wrong.
- It doesn’t have pre-scripted functions that auditors want. Wrong. (It has Wizards and tons of add-ins).
- A database is too bulky and cumbersome to be an effective audit tool? Well, that’s just not the case with Microsoft Access
This class is 100% hands-on, with several computerised cases.
- Database Structure and table design
- Building queries (simple, complex and Boolean).
- Query building two different ways: via Design View AND the Query Wizard
- Creating and customising reports
- Create a Management Dashboard
All auditors (financial, compliance, operational, performance, efficiency, fraud, process, etc)